Listen to 405 Radio

Author   Comment  
Mortaccia

Reply with quote  #1 
It's January, it's time to plan the festival season.
Who's going/thinking about going where? Where's the best line-up/ticket price ratio? 

Me, I'm heading Primavera.

moz

Reply with quote  #2 
Went to Primavera last year. If you can put up with the acre's of corporate sponsorship there (Seriously. there was nowhere on site where a coke/sony/raybans/heinekin etc etc advertising board was not prominently visible), then its a lovely place! Full of friendly people, with a fantastic line up. Little tip though. As its in Barcelona, you will be tempted to do all the sightseeing stuff from this beautiful city. Do NOT do this during the Festival. With bands on from 4pm till 5am, you will need your stamina.
Mortaccia

Reply with quote  #3 
Yeah yeah I know: overpriced heineken could ruin every festival (back in the times, San Miguel was the main sponsor)
I've been at Primavera twice already: never stepped in a museum [cool] 
If you wanna enjoy the closing acts too you must save all the energies you can.
Oliver Primus

Editor of The 405
Reply with quote  #4 
Green Man, anyone?
moz

Reply with quote  #5 
depends on the line up. BUT....ive been a few times & always loved it. Last year was best ever. Nick HElm at 2am monday morning, singing no survivors. [smile]
Jamie Drew

405 Staff
Reply with quote  #6 
So I thought I'd check out what the new set up for wireless festival was like in Birmingham last year, don't do it. Absolute joke.

Glastonbury was incredible and now I can't ever go to Reading or Leeds again.

Thinking of trying Bestival this year, how is it?
Brostep

Reply with quote  #7 
Really hoping the Mountain Oasis festival goes up this year again in North Carolina. It'd be a trek from where I am especially if I take a bus (which is doable but would probably take 10-15 hours) but the lineup was so good in 2013 that I'd be willing to make that trip. We'll see, though, it shut down in 2014 temporarily but might go up again this year.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.